Monday, November 10, 2008

Starry Starry Night

A week ago I was on a red eye flight from Los Angeles to New York City. As we were making our way across Nebraska, I peeked out my window and saw a sight only seen in Nature specials and only afforded to places not touched by the bright city lights - a beautiful Starry Starry Night.

Stars shined at every corner of the night sky. Shooting stars twinkled across the midnight sky. I made a wish that I hope did justice to the gift of the moment.

I sat in my seat, my face pressed up against the window and realized that in our modern life we sometimes forget the humbling majesty of what lays above us. And I thought about the possibilities that lay ahead for all of us, possibilities as limitless as the infinite amount of stars.

So don't ever forget to look up at the stars. Let yourself be touched by the beauty of the moment. Let yourself have a moment of wonder and awe.

I made this inspiration board to bring down the heavens to our earthly world and share that moment with you.




Evening Dress: Versace one shoulder midnight blue from Fall 2008.

Chandelier: rather than doing the traditional chandelier, why not try this amazing Luminaire chandelier from the Boyd - Kentfield Collection? It matches our theme so well and I know it in photographs it will look like a sky of twinkling stars.

Wedding Dress: Elie Saab Couture. Isn't the peek-a-boo embellishment at the shoulder amazing?

Reception: Preston Bailey transforms a space into a midnight dream. Large floral arrangements atop tall lucite towers. Dark lighting to contrast with the reflective hanging mirrors at the ceiling.

Fine Jewelry: blaze your own path with this amazing Chanel bracelet

Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas.

Registry: Donna Karan designs a bedroom look appropriately titled "Evening Sky" to remind you of the special day when all the festivities are over.

Images via www.style.com, www.decorati.com, www.prestonbailey.com, www.chanel.com, www.weddingpaperdivas.com, www.bloomingdales.com.

1 comment:

In or Out... said...

i love the donna karan's bed sheets...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...